Work travel has been kicking my butt lately, so my apologies for the lack of posts. We have a lot to catch up on and a ton of places to go get your eat and drink on, so let’s get started!
First, a quick update on U.S. Pizza-gate. Despite repeated attempts by us and others to make their management aware that the Arkansas Department of Health does, indeed, permit dogs on restaurant patios, U.S. Pizza still has signs up indicating that dogs are prohibited due to ADH regulations.
It appears that they decided to change their house rules, which of course is their prerogative; however, it’s unfortunate that they continue to use the ADH as a scapegoat instead of having the integrity to simply say they’ve changed their policy. I’d have more respect (and pizza and beer dollars) for them if they made that one change to the signs. No matter, though, there are plenty of other Central Arkansas restaurants with patios that welcome your pups, so let’s get to it.
As I’m sure you’ve already heard, August is “Savor the City,” Little Rock’s restaurant month. Yes, I know August is almost over (!!), but you can still get some great deals at local digs. The weather has been absolutely, and unusually, perfect for mid-August, so get to a patio ASAP!
Drop by and sample the offerings at some of our dog-friendly favorites. And don’t miss the dog special at Trio’s! They know how to do it up right.
- Big Whiskey’s* – $2 off any burger
- Bravo! Cucina Italiano – Bravo Hour! $5 drink specials and $3.95 appetizers Monday-Friday, 3-7 p.m.
- Browning’s Mexican Grill – Lunch Special – Browning’s Duo for $6.99
- Buffalo Grill (note: In case you haven’t heard, the West Little Rock location is no longer… Riverdale’s the only Buffalo Grill left.) – Mahi Mahi Salad $8.99
- Community Bakery in SoMa – $1 off Iced Coffee, Iced Latte, Espresso Frappe, Espresso Milkshake, Fruit Smoothie
- Leo’s Greek Castle – Free baklava with purchase of a gyro platter after 5 p.m.
- The Purple Cow- Free scoop of ice cream with purchase of entrée (Limit one per table)
- Red Door Restaurant (note: Only the patio that faces Cantrell Rd. is dog friendly.) – Mon: Apps ½ price With entrée; Tues: Wine Night- ½ off all wine under $28 a bottle; Wed: Filet Night: 7 oz. Angus Tenderloin Filet $16.95; Thurs: Ladies Special Happy Hour: $2 domestic beer, $4 margaritas, martinis, wine & cosmos
- Revolution Restaurant – Lunch Special: Choice of Seasoned Beef, Shredded Chicken or Fish Tacos (grilled, blackened or fried), chips & salsa and soft drink $7.99
- The Root Cafe – Weekday Breakfast Special: Take 20% off your breakfast entree (Tues-Fri 7-11 a.m.)
- Stickyz Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicken Shack – Lunch Special: Four hand-cut chicken fingers in 12 different varieties, choice of baked potato soup or chicken & sausage gumbo, two dipping sauces and a soft drink for $7.99
- The Tavern Sports Grill – New menu by Chef Donnie Ferneau, plus $1 off drinks and $2.50 domestic pints from 3-7 p.m. On Thursday night; $10 buckets, $8 PBR buckets, $2.50 domestic pints all night
- Thirst n’ Howl – 10% off any burger Tues-Thurs
- Trio’s – Half off dessert with your purchase of an entrée at lunch, dinner and brunch. And check out their Dog Days of Summer promotion – Trio’s has partnered with Hollywood Feed across the street on Cantrell to offer a free Doggy Goodie Bag for pups dining on their patio.
You can also grab some great deals across the river in North Little Rock starting today. Argenta Restaurant Week runs from August 19-24. Restaurants are offering special $8 two-course lunch menus and $25 three-course dinner menus along with their regular menus. Drop by the following dog-friendly restaurants:
* As an aside, hey, Big Whiskey’s, why haven’t you added Little Rock to the list of locations on your website? You’ve been in business here for several years. Perplexing.