A couple weeks ago we posted some bare-bones information about Riverfest going to the dogs with their May 26th Ruff on the River Pooch Parade and Weenie Dog Derby (for those pups who are vertically challenged). We’ve received a few updates, including registration fees, so we wanted to pass them along to you right away. After all, you need plenty of time to craft that canine costume for the Hollywood-themed parade!
Are you going to go glamorous with a Marilyn Monroe look? Or maybe a little Elvis for your hound dog? We think Roxanne would make a perfect Fozzie Bear, or perhaps Alf.
- $10 parade-only registration (includes one pup and one human) – Through May 20
- $15 parade-only registration (includes one pup and one human) – After May 20
- $20 parade registration PLUS one Riverfest ticket – Through May 20
- $25 parade registration PLUS one Riverfest ticket – After May 20
- $5 for each additional human parade participant per pup
- $5 Weenie Dog Derby entry fee
The registration “PAWTY” begins at 9:00 a.m. in the parking lot at the corner of 2nd St. and River Market Ave. The parade starts at 10:30 and runs from River Market Ave. to 3rd St. and down 3rd to the Heifer International complex. And, of course, there will be awards for the best costume!
The Weenie Dog Derby will be held immediately following the parade.
You can register and get lots more information on the Ruff on the River website. And remember, your registration fees benefit some great animal causes: All About Labs Rescue, Canine Companions for Independence, Little Rock Animal Village and Out of the Woods Animal Rescue of Arkansas.